Cisco expanded its Cloud-Scale Networking solutions aimed at helping service providers and web companies leverage SDN and NFV as they transition their central offices to next-gen data centers. The idea is to create a unified Network-as-a-Fabric across central office, metro, core, and data center environments.
- EVPN (Ethernet Virtual Private Network) which provides separation between the data plane and the control plane, creating a unified, centralized overlay control plane based on border gateway protocol (BGP) and industry standards.
- Segment Routing End-to-End that creates a unified, common-forwarding underlay to further simplify network operations
- Model-Driven Telemetry that delivers increased, granular, real-time visibility via native, open, common data models for automation and efficient operation of physical and virtual resources
- NCS 5501/5502 – A small form factor router for leaf-spine data center/WAN topology
- NCS 5516 – A modular router for more scalability in leaf-spine topology
- NCS 1001 – A compact, programmable interconnect with integrated optical amplifiers and protection
“Our continued progress with the Cloud Scale Networking platform is proof of our commitment to NFV and SDN solutions for open, programmable and automated networks,” said Yvette Kanouff, senior vice president, Service Provider Business, Cisco.
“Central office transformations are part of our customers’ top priorities worldwide, and we are in a unique position to help them with easy upgrades to their existing routing platforms using the Cisco IOS XR software.” Cisco is building the simplified, automated and virtualized network platform of the future through based on industry leading software, systems, silicon and services. This enables service providers, media and web companies worldwide to reduce costs, speed time-to-market, secure their networks and sustain profitable growth.