NoviFlow, a start-up based in Montreal, released a new version of OpenFlow 1.3/1.4/1.5 switching software aimed at large-scale networks.
Key new features of NoviWare supporting large-scale deployment introduced in release 400.1 include:
- OpenFlow queues and up to one million meters for use with QoS mechanisms
- Dynamic provisioning of ports in LAG
- Plug-and-Play deployment support for large installations:
- Switch IP address default set via DHCP
- - gRPC for remote automated provisioning
- OpenFlow Experimenter-based extensions:
- VLAN payload matching
- Symmetric Hash of Fields
400.1 NoviWare fully supports the OpenFlow 1.3 standard and 1.4, including all actions, instructions and match fields, as well as key features of OpenFlow 1.5, such as Copy-Fields action.
"Since the founding of NoviFlow in 2012 as a spin-out from UQAM, our goal has always been to design and deliver SDN solutions that leverage Network Processors to offer both unsurpassed programmability and wire-speed performance, a major innovation in networking equipment. Today, the inherent advantage of this approach has been proven in the field via deployments of our products at a host of major network operators and cloud operators, resulting in ever-increasing demand for our solutions.”
NoviFlow’s products are being used as switches, WAN IP/MPLS routers, network appliances and other high-performance forwarding planes.