Quantenna Communications announced the industry's first 802.11ax silicon. Sampling is expected to begin early in 2017.
802.11ax provides increased speed over 802.11ac and is designed to increase Wi-Fi efficiency in dense deployments.
Quantenna's forthcoming product, called QSR10G-AX, is built on the company's QSR10G Wave 3 Wi-Fi platform. It adds support for the draft 1.0 of the IEEE specification 802.11ax standard.
Key QSR10G-AX Planned Features and Benefits:
- Integrated AP chipset for dual-band (5GHz and 2.4GHz), dual concurrent operation and management
- Pin-to-Pin compatibility with QSR10G
- 802.11ax Draft 1.0 compliant
- 12-stream operation
- Supports rich set of interfaces to external hosts such as PCIe Gen3/Gen2, RXAUI, RGMII, and others
- Support 2.4GHz coexistence interface
- Enable full offload for external host
- Cloud managed
"Innovation is what drives us at Quantenna," said Dr. Sam Heidari, Chairman and CEO at Quantenna. "We were the first company to deliver 4x4 802.11n, 4x4 802.11ac and 8x8 802.11ac. Now, we are proud to continue our Wi-Fi industry leadership by being the first to announce an 802.11ax compliant solution."