Level 3 Communications is launching an Adaptive Threat Intelligence service that provides customized threat intelligence and alerting for customers. The cloud-based service leverages Level 3's expansive view of worldwide Internet traffic and a broad view of risks. The solution distills actual communications, indicators of compromise (IoC), between customers and bad actors.
The company said the new offer works as follows:
- Adaptive Threat Intelligence is a one-stop shop for customers. They no longer have to purchase reputation feeds for malicious activity, manage on-premises boxes or have in-house resources to correlate threat data and identify risks on their network.
- Adaptive Threat Intelligence is a cloud-based service that handles these requirements, providing a personalized, ranked list of actual malicious communications, no hardware needed.
- Sampled customer data is correlated against known malicious communications using Level 3 proprietary analysis from threat data sources, including its DNS, CDN and MSS infrastructure, and third-party data.
- Customers receive near real-time alerts for correlated events on their network.
- Level 3 SOC experts are available to provide additional context, and if needed, to mitigate threats or escalating Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks.
- The interactive near-real time reporting system also provides historical views for additional analysis.
"Investigating threats using intelligence or reputation feeds is painful for customers. They need a smart filter for their security alerts to help them understand their priorities and to allocate resources. We correlate and prioritize live communications and rank the potential risks for customers, taking the burden off their IT and security teams so they can focus on their core business initiatives," stated Anthony Christie, Chief Marketing Officer, Level 3.