PLUMgrid introduced a "CloudSecure" solution that builds on micro-segmentation and security service insertion trends. It features a policy-based virtual tap capability, visualization of security policies, and a growing ecosystem of security partners.
“Data centers are increasingly built on ephemeral infrastructure that only lasts for hours or days, instead of months or years,” said Larry Lang, CEO, PLUMgrid. “CloudSecure provides significant protection for increasingly ephemeral, multi-directional traffic flows in container and OpenStack Clouds. Combining it with CloudApex’s simplified visualizations that make it easy to monitor and diagnose breaches, enabling our customers to benefit from the agility and flexibility of these technologies without having to struggle to secure the network infrastructure.”
PLUMgrid said it designed CloudSecure precisely to protect ephemeral infrastructure from malware, and its micro-segmented Virtual Domains contain and isolate any potential breaches from spreading to the larger environment.
Key features of CloudSecure include:
- CloudApex Security View - Visualizes security flows, and behaviors in an easy to view chord graph to diagnose security breaches.
- Micro-segmentation - Creates zero-trust domains by isolating tenant traffic and enforcing security policies for containers and virtual machines. In the event of a breach, each segmented domain contains attacks to minimize spread of malware.
- Security Policies - Provides in-depth security definitions and group-based policies that can be enforced per tenant, virtual machine, or container.
- Policy-based Virtual Tap - Deploys virtual tap points with policies to select traffic to be mirrored for monitoring, troubleshooting, and remediation.
- Security Service Insertion - Enables any third party security software to be added to PLUMgrid’s virtual network to introduce or update the latest security quickly.
- Encryption - Supports encryption between segmented virtual domains to ensure privacy and protection of data.
The ecosystem of security offerings includes Intel’s Open Security Controller, Fortinet Fortigate NGFW, Check Point security solutions and Rackspace® Private Cloud.