Everspin Technologies announced the commercial release of the world’s first product using perpendicular magnetic tunnel junction (pMTJ) based ST-MRAM to customers.
The 256Mb DDR3 product, which is the highest density commercially available perpendicular ST-MRAM in the market, is based on Everspin’s third generation MRAM technology.
- Supports over 100,000 times faster write speeds than NAND flash
- Persistent data with retention that meets the requirements of many enterprise and cloud computing applications
- DDR3 interface compatibility with symmetrical read and write speed
- Provides the highest endurance of currently available non-volatile memories
- No wear leveling required
- Compatible with standard CMOS and is scalable to Gigabit+ densities
- Everspin has shipped more than 60 million discrete and embedded MRAM products into data centers, cloud storage, energy, industrial, automotive, consumer, and transportation markets.
“By implementing our patented perpendicular MTJ technology in a 256Mb ST-MRAM commercial product, we have solidified our leadership position as the provider of the fastest non-volatile products to our customers,” said Everspin CEO Phill LoPresti. “By working closely with our partner, GLOBALFOUNDRIES, we brought up the MRAM technology faster than planned on their 300mm line, achieving our target yield and product performance objectives. Everspin and GLOBALFOUNDRIES are now focused on the successful production ramp of the 256Mb MRAM."