Arista Networks is rolling out new telemetry and analytics capabilities for cloud networks.
The new Arista EOS (Extensible Operating System) and CloudVision provides visibility into network workloads, workflows, and workstreams on a network-wide basis.
Key features include:
- Instantaneous event-driven streaming of every state change, providing improved granularity compared to traditional polling models.
- State visibility from all devices in the network, including configuration, counters, errors, statistics, tables, environmentals, buffer utilization, flow data, and much more.
- CloudVision Analytics Engine for storing state history and performing trend analysis, event correlation, and automated alerts. The basis for both real-time monitoring and historical forensic event investigation.
- New Telemetry Apps for the CloudVision Portal, including the Workstream Analytics Viewer, providing simplified visualization of network-wide state for faster time to resolution.
- An open framework, built on standard RESTful APIs as well as OpenConfig-based infrastructure, providing a point for integration into a variety of partner solutions and customer-specific infrastructure.
- Expansion of existing EOS Telemetry Tracer capabilities across device, topology, virtual machine, container, and application components.
“The automated network operations in today’s cloud networks are dependent on both a highly programmable software infrastructure as well as deeper visibility into what the network is doing. Legacy approaches to visibility fall short of these cloud requirements,” said Ken Duda, CTO and Senior Vice President, Software Engineering for Arista Networks. “The Arista state-streaming approach provides an open framework with unprecedented levels of completeness and granularity for network state information. Our CloudVision platform harnesses streamed network state to provide customers of all types with clearer real-time and historical visibility into their network.”
Arista said its partner ecosystem can leverage many benefits of this new telemetry solution via access to the network-wide state through common API’s at multiple integration points. Arista’s partners can access the network state either streamed directly from the devices or from the central state repository within CloudVision. The Arista CloudVision Telemetry solution is endorsed by Hewlett Packard Enterprise, SAP, Veriflow and VMware.