Xirrus announced new four-and eight-radio high density 802.11ac Wave 2 Wi-Fi access points (APs), which the company says can deliver up to eight times the Wave 2 capacity per AP compared to competitive solutions.
- Full spectrum of Wave 2 Wi-Fi features on four and eight Wave 2 radios per AP, each capable of up to 3.47 Gbps (3x faster than Wave 1) and four-stream multi-user MIMO (MU-MIMO) compared to three-stream MU-MIMO supported by other solutions
- Enables migration to Wave 2 over time by working with existing and new Wi-Fi clients
- Provides software-defined radios that empower one-click upgrades for migration to a 100 percent Wave 2 network at the most appropriate time
- Cloud-based or on-premise Xirrus Management System (XMS) offer zero-touch software provisioning and EasyPass access control
- Four and eight radio Xirrus high density APs reduce the quantity of APs required to deliver needed capacity. Integrated controllers in each AP eliminate cost and complexity that centralized controllers associated with competitive APs and significantly reduce overall network equipment and deployment cost.
“Xirrus offers the fastest Wi-Fi on the planet with the broadest and most flexible portfolio of Wave 2 products available on the market,” said Bruce Miller, VP of product marketing, Xirrus. “Many Wi-Fi vendors offer Wave 2, but none offer the full spectrum of features and speed available with the latest standard. Xirrus Wave 2 solutions provide the greatest flexibility, density and adaptivity at the lowest cost in the industry.