The 2550100 Alliance, an industry group working together to bring solutions to market based on new 25, 50 and 100Gb Ethernet technology, announced the following six milestones:
- Dell became the first company with general availability of 25GbE solutions spanning servers and networks. Dell will be marketing their PowerEdge servers with QLogic 25GbE adapters and Dell Z9100-ON top-of-rack switches,
- The alliance completed its first SolutionFest on April 27 with the participation of Cumulus, Dell, Finisar, Ixia, Kaminario, QLogic, Teledyne LeCroy and Veeam. The event yielded 40 reference architectures.
- Three companies (Ixia, QLogic and Teledyne LeCroy) have opened 2550100 Solution Labs.
- In only one year since its inception, membership in the 2550100 Alliance has grown to over 140 companies.
- The alliance has become a global community with members in North America, Europe and Asia.
- Crowd-sourced reference material from members and non-members is now available to industry watchers at www.2550100.com.
“The new generation of 25, 50 and 100 Gb Ethernet technology bolsters enterprise performance and workload management required by hyperscale, cloud service providers and high performance computing,” said Ravi Pendekanti, Vice President of Server Product Management at Dell. “Proven reference architectures, or blueprints, are helping speed the pervasive adoption of 25GbE technology. Regardless of ecosystem, customers now have a clear path to designing and deploying I/O intensive computing environments, an essential step in building a future-ready data center.”