Marvell introduced its Prestera 98DX325x campus programmable switch optimized for 24- and 48-ports of 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE).
The switching silicon offers dedicated 10GbE and 40GbE uplinks and stacking ports. Key features:
- 48 ports of 1GbE with four ports of 10GbE uplinks and two ports of 40GbE stacking for standard Enterprise and SMB/SME access deployments
- Up to 24 ports of 2.5GbE with 10GbE and 40GbE uplink and stacking for large wireless campus deployments
- Support for virtual bridging and routing and congestion management features enabling software-defined networking (SDN)/Network Function Virtualization (NFV) cloud-managed network deployments
- Advanced virtual overlay networking offering support for NVGRE, VXLAN-GPE, NSH, GENEVE, Shortest Path Bridging (SPB), TRILL and GRE
- Server virtualization compliant with IEEE 802.1Qbg EVB, 802.1BR Port Extender
- IEEE 1588 1-step timing for precision timing applications
Sampling is underway.
“2.5GbE network ports are being widely deployed in campus environments. This is a prime time for a disruptive, cost-effective 2.5GbE access solution with 40GbE uplinks or stacking,” said Michael Zimmerman, Vice President and General Manager, Connectivity, Storage and Infrastructure (CSI) Business Unit at Marvell Semiconductor, Inc.