Linksys has returned to the business of selling cable modems.
Specifically, Linksys is announcing 3 new cable modems and will be shipping two of them:
- 8X4 Cable Modem – CM3008 -- Broadband plans under 100 Mpbs - $59.99
- 16X4 Cable Modem – CM3016 – Broadband plans up to 250 Mbps – Available soon.
- 24X8 Cable Modem – CM3024 – Broadband plans over 250 Mpbs - $129.99
The CM3008 8X4 and the CM3024 24X8 are DOCSIS 3.0 certified, include Intel Puma chipsets and are compatible with major cable service providers including Charter, Comcast Xfinity, Cox and Time Warner Cable.
“Consumers can save up to $120 a year if they purchase their own cable modem instead of paying monthly rental fees,” said Brian Nickell, cable modem product manager at Linksys.
- In 2013, Belkin acquired Linksys from Cisco. Financial terms were not disclosed.
- In 2003, Cisco acquired Linksys for approximately $500 million in Cisco stock
- Linksys was founded in 1988 in Taiwan and later moved its HQ to California.