Everspin Technologies has begun sampling a 256Mb ST-MRAM Storage Class Memory (SCM) - the highest density commercial MRAM currently on the market. The expects to sample a 1Gb product based on its proprietary perpendicular magnetic tunnel junction (pMTJ) spin torque technology (ST-MRAM) later this year.
Everspin cited the following advantages for it ST-MRAM:
- Supports 100,000 times faster write speeds than NAND flash
- Operates on the DDR3/DDR4 DRAM memory interface
- Requires no wear leveling
- Provides the highest endurance of currently available non-volatile memories
- Delivers low power operation
- Enables instant on/off functionality
“We continue to bring the fastest non-volatile products to our customers, expanding our offering with a high density 1Gb DDR4 pMTJ ST-MRAM. This will provide new and innovative approaches to the way non-volatile memory solutions can be architected,” said Everspin CEO Phill LoPresti.