PLUMgrid announced a major software update including SDN support for Docker containers, expanded gateway integration with Cisco Nexus 9000, IPv6, PLUMgrid SmartLogs and many other enhancements.
PLUMgrid's Open Networking Suite (ONS) 5.0, which supports OpenStack Kilo and Liberty release, enables data centers with virtual machines, containers, and bare metal architectures to leverage SDN overlays to provide secure micro-segmentation for multi-tenancy, traffic isolation, and policy enforcement.
“Cloud networking is adding virtualized network functions and applications at an accelerated rate and ONS is keeping pace with an aggressive iteration cycle,” said Pere Monclus, founder and CTO at PLUMgrid. “Adding support for Docker containers provides SDN services that are essential to secure multi-tenant networking. In this complex environment it is critical for data center operations to have a tool such as CloudApex that provides a simplified view of both physical and virtual resources in OpenStack clouds.”
- PLUMgrid now offers a SDN plugin for Docker containers to enable rich networking functions, secure multi-tenancy, multi-host networking, high availability, and distributed scale-out performance for Docker clouds.
- PLUMgrid ONS has added support for Project Kuryr, an OpenStack initiative that provides container network abstraction for Neutron API.
- In addition to supporting gateways from Arista Networks and Cumulus Networks, ONS 5.0 introduces gateway support for Cisco Nexus 9000 Series. Through VXLAN Tunnel End Point (VTEP) integration, PLUMgrid delivers unified physical and virtual network infrastructure with simple drag and drop configuration.
- IPv6 can be configured within and between tenant clouds for flexible addressing while IPv4 is running concurrently.
- PLUMgrid ONS 5.0 introduces a number of smart wizards that check system and connectivity status to ensure workloads and applications have unhindered reachability and access to resources.