Juniper Networks is introducing a new line of spine switches for bringing physical and logical scale, performance and port density to cloud data centers.
The new QFX10000 line, which builds on the company's MetaFabric architecture, is powered by Juniper’s latest, Q5 custom ASIC. The new chip offers deep buffers and an architecture that supports virtualization for SDN with the logical scale for applications such as big data, video and IP storage.
- The new Juniper QFX10002 is a fixed configuration, 2-rack unit form-factor unit designed for from 40GE and 100GE within the same switch.
- The QFX10008 is a modular, eight slot chassis that delivers ground breaking 100GE port
- density and up to 48Tbps of total system capacity.
- The QFX10016 will deliver unprecedented system capacity of up to 96Tbps, combined with leading port density in a powerful 16-slot chassis.
- The QFX10000 line supports orchestration, automation and management solutions from market leaders like VMware, as well as open source solutions, like OpenStack and OpenContrail, will simplify and automate network management and provisioning.
"With the introduction of the QFX10000 line based on the new Q5 chip, Juniper Networks has significantly raised the industry bar in terms of network scale, density and performance. The addition of this new switch line further enhances our existing QFX Series portfolio by providing our customers with complete choice through our open, flexible and highly scalable solutions that serve traditional enterprise data centers to the largest cloud environments,” statd Jonathan Davidson, executive vice president and general manager, Juniper Development and Innovation at Juniper Networks.