Cambium Networks released its ePMP Force 100, a high-gain, 5GHz integrated subscriber radio now supporting fixed outdoor wireless in the unlicensed national information infrastructure (U-NII) band covering 5150 and 5250MHz.
The ePMP Force 100’s release comes on the heels of Cambium Networks receiving FCC grant authorization to operate in the U-NII band. The additional 100 MHz spectrum is available via download of software release 2.1.
The ePMP Force 100 can be deployed as a subscriber module that can connect to any ePMP access point, as well as peer nodes in point-to-point deployment configurations. Service providers who already have the ePMP 1000 Connectorized Radio in their networks have the option of purchasing the ePMP Dish separately to enhance throughput and increase deployment range.
Key features of the ePMP Force 100:
- Frequency availability in the United States: 5150 – 5350 and 5470 – 5850MHz
- Security: 128-bit AES encryption (CCMP mode)
- Peak gain: 25 dBi antenna gain with 30 dBm of transmit power
- Round Trip Latency: 6 ms (flexible frame mode), 17 ms (GPS Sync mode)
- Throughput: 150 Mbps of real user data