VMware introduced an automated log management and analytics product that uses machine-learning technology to help automate IT operations across physical, virtual and hybrid cloud environments. VMware vCenter Log Insight 2.0 analyzes logs to help identify and resolve IT issues.
"IT organizations continue to be overwhelmed with massive amounts of unstructured log data generated by their virtual and hybrid cloud environments," said Ramin Sayar, senior vice president and general manager, Cloud Management Business Unit, VMware. "With VMware vCenter™ Log Insight™ 2.0, we're doubling-down on our unique predictive analytics-based approach to log management. VMware vSphere® customers, including general IT operations, security, applications and DevOps teams will be able leverage the power of VMware vCenter Log Insight 2.0 to analyze machine data for actionable insight to prevent system downtime."
New capabilities in VMware vCenter Log Insight 2.0:
- Intelligent Grouping - A new machine learning-based technology that automatically groups related data to help administrators spot problems more rapidly and reduce time-to-resolution;
- Query Performance - 6x faster query performance than the market leading solution will improve productivity levels of administrators and IT operations teams;(2)
- Data Ingestion - 8x faster data collection over VMware vCenter Log Insight 1.5 can speed insight into more of customers' physical, virtual and cloud environments;(3)
- Data Visualization - New data visualization capabilities in the form of tables and chart types will provide administrators with increased options for analyzing unstructured log data; and,
- Extensibility - A new native Microsoft Windows agent will collect logs from Windows-based desktops and servers, enabling customers to now capture and analyze log data across all key environments.
In conjunction with VMware vCenter Log Insight 2.0, VMware is introducing four new content packs for Brocade Fibre Channel storage area networks (SANs) as well as for Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Windows.