Thursday, April 3, 2014

Vertical Systems: Fiber Reaches 39% of U.S. Commercial Buildings with 20+ Employees

Fiber now reaches an estimated 39.3% of commercial buildings in the U.S. with twenty or more employees, according to latest research from Vertical Systems Group.  The remaining 60.7% of buildings are in the Fiber Gap with no accessibility to fiber.


"During the past year, network operators narrowed the business fiber gap through construction and acquisitions. The majority of new fiber deployments were focused on connecting medium and smaller buildings in the metro areas surrounding major cities across the U.S.," said Rosemary Cochran, principal at Vertical Systems Group. "Broader accessibility to on-net fiber has started to shake up the services markets. Fiber-based providers and Cable MSOs are capitalizing on the reach and cost advantages of their footprints juxtaposed to legacy infrastructures. Customers are reaping the benefits of more service options, more competitive pricing, and faster service installations."

http://www.verticalsystems.com/vsgpr/u-s-business-fiber-gap-narrows-in-2013/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Videos

Loading...