Riverbed Technology announced new features for its Stingray virtual application delivery controller (ADC) product family that improve the performance of business applications like Microsoft SharePoint 2013; increase reliability and scalability on Amazon Web Services (AWS); deliver enhanced visibility of an ADC-as-a-Service deployment; and enable enterprise and service provider customers to quickly and easily deploy application delivery services on demand.
Riverbed Stingray allows customers to dynamically deploy an ADC per application with ADC-as-a-Service, enabling scalable, secure and elastic delivery of enterprise, cloud and e-commerce applications. Stingray also controls and optimizes end-user services by inspecting, transforming, prioritizing and routing application traffic across the widest range of environments, from physical and virtual data centers to public and hybrid clouds.
What’s New in Stingray Traffic Manager and Stingray Services Controller
Riverbed Stingray Traffic Manager enhancements
- Active-active load balancing for high-availability and scalability on Amazon AWS, minimizing or eliminating points of failure within IT environments to deliver the highest level of availability and scalability for cloud-based applications.
- Includes a number of interoperability features, easy-to-use Web Content Optimization and a key security enhancement with a new cryptographic module. This enhancement is in process for validation for Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 140-2 Level 1.
- Improves SharePoint 2013 performance with support for intranet and Internet using the latest Web Content Optimization techniques with no changes to the application or web browsers.
Riverbed Stingray Services Controller enhancements
- Operations graphical user interface (GUI) helps administrators support service deployment and monitor ADC deployments.
- Virtual appliance form factor for Stingray Services Controller and micro instance host simplifies deployment by freeing customers from the need to maintain the underlying operating system.
- Simplified licensing and billing reports for chargeback.
- Enhanced visibility of an ADC-as-a-Service deployment with a comprehensive suite of reports that provide customers feedback on utilization of multiple resources.