IBM is rolling out a series of initiatives to help its business partners to develop, market and sell SoftLayer cloud services to their customers. SoftLayer, an IBM company, provides a high performance, enterprise-grade cloud infrastructure.
Under the program, IBM is:
- Offering improved margin opportunities with richer earned-volume discounts for SoftLayer Business Partners without requiring a prior commitment.
- Creating a new SoftLayer Services & Solution Provider program, which streamlines the SoftLayer hosting reseller and strategic partners program to improve clarity of eligibility requirement and benefits of the program.
- Launching a co-marketing initiative as part of PartnerWorld to help SoftLayer Business Partners that join the program build their brands, generate demand for their services and grow their marketing skills. Partners who join PartnerWorld, and existing IBM Business Partners who join the SoftLayer partner program will have access to campaign design and creation tools as well as customizable campaign templates to minimize upfront work and deliver consistent messaging.
- Expanding the technical training courses for both SoftLayer and IBM Business Partners to build skills that meet clients' plans to use outside resources for delivering high-value cloud solutions. The free two-day courses introduce SoftLayer solutions through hands-on activities delivered by Global Knowledge, one of IBM global training providers. Classes are held in 21 locations including markets where IBM is expanding its global network of cloud hubs in addition to several other key markets around the world, including: Japan, India, China, England and several locations across the United States.
"Supporting our partners as they transition from selling traditional on-premise cloud solutions to hybrid and off-premise cloud solutions is a priority for Avnet Technology Solutions," said Fred Cuen, senior vice president and general manager, IBM Solutions Group, Avnet Technology Solutions, Americas. "With these new enhancements, and with IBM's plans to expand its global cloud footprint globally, SoftLayer has assembled the right components for a winning partner program and we're looking forward to leveraging it to grow cloud market share for Avnet and our partner base."
- IBM recently announced a $1.2 billion investment to expand its global cloud footprint and its $1 billion investment to develop a unique platform-as-a-service offering, codenamed BlueMix. The plans call for 15 new data centers worldwide, including new Softlayer facilities in Washington D.C., Mexico City, Dallas, China, Hong Kong, London, Japan, India and Canada. The expansion will bring the number of IBM cloud data centers to about 40 worldwide.