As a follow-up to its 2013 financial report issued last month, Huawei provided additional detail on its services business: 2013 sales from services amounted to US$8.59 billion, a YoY increase of 21.3%, accounting for 31% of the total Carrier Network Business Group (CNBG) revenue, making it the fastest-growing business for the group.
Huawei said its services group saw traction from End-to-End (E2E) Network Planning and Evolution, Managed Services, and Customer Experience Management (CEM) solutions.
Mr. David Leizhankui, Senior Vice President of Huawei Global Technical Service, said: "By enabling network and service evolution, Huawei Service has worked closely with carriers on their day-to-day operations, giving us deep insights and understanding into carriers' networks, services and customer experience. In fact, Services have become indispensable for meeting carrier demands."
Some 2013 highlights:
- Huawei's carrier network business achieved CNY166.5 billion in sales revenue, up 4.0% year-on-year.
- Enterprise and consumer businesses revenue increased by 32.4% and 17.8% to CNY15.2 billion and CNY57.0 billion, respectively.
- Huawei earned 65% of its revenue from markets outside of China in 2013.
- In the Chinese market, Huawei achieved CNY84 billion in sales revenues, up 14.2% year-on-year.
- Huawei invested CNY30.7 billion (~5.06 USD billion) into R&D, which is about 12.8% of its sales revenue.
- 150,000 employees