Ericsson hosted its annual Shareholder's Meeting last Friday in Stockholm. Some notes from the general presentation:
- Software and Services now account for 66% of the company's business, while hardware sales represent 34%. The Services component was 43% of the total sales in 2013.
- Ericsson now manages over 1 billion subscriptions on behalf of carrier customers. About 2.5 billion mobile subscribers worldwide are supported on Ericsson platforms.
- Ericsson currently has about 114,000 employees, of which about 18,000 are in Sweden.
- About 64,000 of the employees are Services professionals.
- In 2013, Ericsson recorded a 5% annual growth rated in sales (adjusted for currency).