Cisco launched a Managed Threat Defense security service that applies real-time, predictive analytics to detect attacks and protect against advanced malware across customers' extended networks.
Cisco Managed Threat Defense is an on-premises solution, comprised of hardware, software, and analytics designed to monitor, capture, and analyze threats. Cisco's worldwide network of expert-staffed security operations centers (SOCs) monitor the service and provide incident response analysis, escalation, and remediation recommendations. Key capabilities:
- Protects against unknown attacks, not seen by anti-virus, by capturing real-time streaming telemetry.
- Leverages Hadoop 2.0 to apply predictive analytics to detect anomalous patterns against each customer's unique network profile and determine suspicious behavior.
- Identifies known attacks and vulnerabilities using pattern analysis and investigation against both Cisco-proprietary and community threat intelligence data.
- Provides incident tracking and reporting via a subscription-based business model. This approach can lower operational costs and utilizes Cisco's continued investment in security technology, processes, and talent.
- Includes innovative Cisco security technology such as Cisco Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) to detect malware and eliminate unnecessary alerts, Sourcefire FirePOWER for threat detection, and Cisco Cloud Web Security for email and web filtering.
"As data continues to move to the cloud, more people are accessing data via mobile devices, in addition to sharing data through social channels. Consequently, security has become our customers' number one concern," said Bryan Palma, SVP Cisco Security Solutions. "Managed Threat Defense lessens the worry associated with protecting against a breach and allows Cisco and its partners to add value where customers need it most."