Huawei reported 2013 sales revenues of CNY239 billion (US$38.45 billion), up 8.5% year-on-year (11.6% YOY growth in USD), and net profit of CNY21 billion (US$3.38 billion). In its newly released annual report, the privately-held company said financial performance was strong across all business areas.
Some 2013 highlights:
- Huawei's carrier network business achieved CNY166.5 billion in sales revenue, up 4.0% year-on-year.
- Enterprise and consumer businesses revenue increased by 32.4% and 17.8% to CNY15.2 billion and CNY57.0 billion, respectively.
- Huawei earned 65% of its revenue from markets outside of China in 2013.
- In the Chinese market, Huawei achieved CNY84 billion in sales revenues, up 14.2% year-on-year.
- Huawei invested CNY30.7 billion (~5.06 USD billion) into R&D, which is about 12.8% of its sales revenue.
- 150,000 employees
"Thanks to the favorable global macroeconomic and industry environment, as well as the effective execution of our company strategy, Huawei basically achieved our business targets for 2013," said Eric Xu, Huawei's Rotating and Acting CEO. "Huawei has never been more closely connected to the world than it is now. This level of connectivity has two implications. First, ICT technologies have been deployed in more than 170 countries and regions, helping more than 3 billion people connect to the world, communicate anytime, anywhere, and easily acquire and share information. Second, this connected world is reshaping politics, economics, business, and production at an incredible speed and with formidable force. "
The annual report is now posted online.