Good Technology agreed to acquire BoxTone, a privately held supplier of mobile service management solutions. Financial terms were not disclosed.
The BoxTone mobility management platform for enterprises will be integrated into Good's portfolio to deliver a comprehensive end-to-end secure mobility solution.
The comprehensive combined solution provides unmatched functionality:
- Secure email, contacts, calendar both on premise as well as in the cloud
- Secure browsing
- Secure instant messaging and presence,
- Secure Sharepoint, network file and cloud storage access
- Mobile device management
- Mobile application management and analytics
- Mobile content management
- Mobile service management including BlackBerry migration tools
- Custom secure app development tools: wrapping, SDK and hybrid support
- Broad coverage across Android, BlackBerry, iOS, Windows Mobile, Samsung, BlackBerry Enterprise Server and Exchange ActiveSync
In addition, BoxTone has significant market presence in Japan through partnerships with leading carriers. Consistent with Good's continued expansion in other regions, Good sees strong opportunity for the integrated solutions to generate more value for customers in Japan and across global markets and multi-national corporations.