Citing rising demand for secure cloud, colocation and managed services,CenturyLink opened three new data centers in North America and announced plans to expand data centers in eight markets during 2014.
The new builds and expansions will offer more than 180,000 square feet of additional space to CenturyLink's global presence:
- Phoenix (new data center sites, in partnership with IO, opened in January 2014)
- Weehawken, N.J. (expansion completed in March 2014)
- Minneapolis (new data center site opening in May 2014)
- Sterling, Va. (expansion completing in May 2014)
- Irvine, Calif. (expansion completing in June 2014)
- Toronto (new data center site opening in Q3 2014)
- Reading, England (expansion completing in Q3 2014)
- Chicago (expansion completing in Q3 2014)
These expansions will bring more than 20 megawatts of additional power to CenturyLink's total data center footprint, enabling businesses like the Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE) to add points of presence in locations most strategic for their operations.
"CenturyLink is committed to investing in world-class infrastructure to meet growing demand for access to comprehensive and secure technology solutions that power business transformation," said Jeff Von Deylen, president, CenturyLink Technology Solutions. "By adding capacity in these key locations, we position ourselves firmly for delivering the advanced network, hosting and IT services that organizations depend on to compete in the global economy."
In January, Savvis adopted the CenturyLink Technology Solutions brand. CenturyLink acquired Savvis in 2011.