Broadcom introduced the first triple speed 10/40/100G Lite physical layer transceiver (Lite-PHY) designed for high-density data center applications.
The new BCM82322 Lite-PHY, which is fabricated in 28 nanometer (nm) CMOS, delivers the industry's highest port count density (12 full duplex ports) and reduces power up to 50% , consuming <150mw 10g="" duplex="" full="" nbsp="" p="" per="" port.="">
- Single 100GE CXP cPPI to CAUI Lite-PHY supporting SR10/CR10
- Three 40GE QSFP+ XLPPI to XLAUI Lite-PHY supporting SR4/LR4/CR4
- Twelve 10GE SFP+ SFI to XFI Lite-PHY supporting SR/LR/CR
- Low-speed SFP+/QSFP+/CXP Data I/O
- IEEE802.3ba 40GE CR4 Cl85 TX Training
- High performance Adaptive Receive Equalization
"With the introduction of our latest 28nm triple speed Lite-PHY, Broadcom continues to demonstrate leadership in the PHY space and expand our industry-leading portfolio of 1/10/40/100G solutions," said Lorenzo Longo, Broadcom Vice President and General Manager of Physical Layer Products. "We remain committed to meeting the ongoing demands of our customers by delivering the highest level of performance while significantly reducing power consumption."