The Apache Software Foundation (ASF) released Apache CloudStack v4.3, its integrated Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) software platform for public, private, and hybrid cloud environments. CloudStack, which is a top-level project at the all-volunteer ASF, includes an intuitive user interface and rich APIs for managing the compute, networking, software, and storage infrastructure resources.
New features in CloudStack V4.3 include:
- Support for Microsoft Hyper-V - Apache CloudStack can now manage Hyper-V hypervisors in addition to KVM, XenServer, VMware, LXC, and Bare Metal
- Juniper OpenContrail integration - OpenContrail is a software defined networking controller from Juniper that CloudStack now integrates with to provide SDN services
- SSL Termination support for guest VMs - Apache CloudStack can configure and manage SSL termination in certain load balancer devices
- Palo Alto Firewall integration - Apache CloudStack can now manage and configure Palo Alto firewalls
- Remote access VPN for VPC networks - CloudStack's remote access VPN is now available for Virtual Private Cloud networks
- Site to Site VPN between VRs - CloudStack now allows site-to-site VPN connectivity to it's virtual routing devices. This permits your cloud computing environment to appear as a natural extension of your local network, or for you to easily interconnect multiple environments
- VXLAN support expansion to include KVM - CloudStack's support for integrating VXLAN, the network virtualization technology that attempts to ameliorate scalability problems with traditional networking
- SolidFire plugin extension to support KVM and hypervisor snapshots for XenServer and ESX - SolidFire provides guaranteed Storage Quality of Service at the Virtual Machine level
- Dynamic Compute offering - CloudStack now has the ability to dynamically scale the resources assigned to a running virtual machine instance for those hypervisors which support it.
Apache CloudStack V4.3 is now available for download.