F5 Networks announced a number of enhancements to its recently-launched Synthesis architecture for building elastic, software-defined application services (SDAS). F5's goal is to provide a high-performance services fabric across all types of systems and environments, including software defined networks (SDN), virtual infrastructures, and cloud.
F5 introduced its Synthesis architecture in November 2013. The new enhancements provide optimization, security, reliability, and management capabilities for all applications across data center or cloud infrastructure.
Specifically, F5 is announcing:
- New BIG-IP version 11.5 software for enhanced application delivery services and security
- Virtual solutions now offer throughput levels of 25 Mbps to 10 Gbps to support hybrid and virtual appliance deployments across a broad set of hypervisors
- Expanded VIPRION offerings, with the new 2250 performance blade providing the highest multi-tenant density in its class, efficient consolidation of application services, and dynamic resource scaling with no operational disruption
- BIG-IQ version 4.2 software for simplified management and comprehensive orchestration, and the new BIG-IQ Device solution that provides enhanced configuration capabilities for physical and virtual BIG-IP devices
- Network virtualization capabilities that give F5 the broadest range of support for SDN technologies in the Application Delivery Controller (ADC) market, including full traffic management and gateway support for Microsoft Windows Server Hyper-V Network Virtualization (HNV), and others
- Updated licensing and pricing options, including an expanded presence in the AWS Marketplace for enhanced deployment flexibility.
"With enhancements across our portfolio, we’re making it easier for organizations to deliver seamless application services without relying on point solutions or isolated resources to support the applications that drive business results. Because F5’s integrated security, acceleration, and availability capabilities can be implemented across a flexible services fabric, customers can orchestrate and tailor their systems to efficiently support all types of IT deployments," stated Manny Rivelo, EVP of Strategic Solutions, F5.