Vitesse Semiconductor introduced its CEServices software suite for easier provisioning and management of Carrier Ethernet business services.
CEServices software works in tandem with Vitesse's ViSAA-enabled Carrier Ethernet switch engines -- Jaguar, LynX, Caracal, and Serval -- to simplify Ethernet business service provisioning and monitoring at greater scale and wire-speed performance with various standards-based capabilities including:
- Service classification and MEF compliant policing to meet advanced Service Level Agreements (SLAs);
- Performance Monitoring and Service Activation Measurements - RFC2544, Y.1731 and Y.1564;
- Multi-operator OAM - Up and Down MEPs;
- Extensive suite of Carrier Ethernet and MPLS/MPLS-TP networking protocols; and
- SyncE and IEEE 1588v2 PTP protocol support with Vitesse's VeriTime, the industry's de facto highest accuracy IEEE 1588v2 synchronization technology.
For service subscriber Edge applications, such as SLAs, ViSAA Service Edge Software control functionality enables per EVC, policers, shapers, queues, tagging and marking, statistics and extensive OAM to ensure traffic flow compliance.
For network applications, CEServices software enables ViSAA networking functionality for provider bridge (Q-Q) tunneling. Traffic protection enables scalability, while ensuring reliability. CEServices also enables end point and immediate point access to MEF CE 2.0 capabilities and functions.
"Vitesse's CEServices software has been vetted in multiple industry-wide interoperability events such as EANTC, with many of our customers seamlessly achieving MEF CE 2.0 certification during the first wave of 2013 MEF equipment certifications," said Harpreet Chohan, product marketing director at Vitesse. "Vitesse remains committed to enabling low cost and low power MEF CE 2.0-compliant access platforms for Carriers to monetize Ethernet service delivery in Mobile Access and Cloud networks."