Ciena reported Q4 revenue of $583.4 million as compared to $465.5 million for the fiscal fourth quarter 2012. For fiscal year 2013, Ciena reported revenue of $2.1 billion, as compared to $1.8 billion for fiscal year 2012. Net loss (GAAP) for the fiscal fourth quarter 2013 was $(9.8) million, or $(0.09) per common share, which compares to a GAAP net loss of $(38.8) million, or $(0.39) per common share, for the fiscal fourth quarter 2012.
“Fiscal 2013 was a strong year for Ciena, with industry-leading revenue growth, record backlog, increased market share, and a three-fold improvement in adjusted operating profit over last year,” said Gary Smith, president and CEO of Ciena. “This performance validates the strategic market differentiation we’ve established with our OPn architecture, our unique approach to customer engagement, and our continued technology innovation. These differentiators will help us continue to grow revenue and increase operating leverage in 2014.”
- Non-U.S. customers contributed 44.1% of total revenue.
- One customer represented a total of 16.5% of revenue.
- Cash and investments totaled $486.5 million.
- Cash flow from operations totaled $3.6 million.
- Average days' sales outstanding (DSOs) were 75.