Brocade introduced a campus switch meeting the security, certification and supply-chain procurement requirements for the U.S. federal market and public sector agencies.
The Brocade ICX 6450-C Switch, which supports the simplification and automation provided by the Brocade HyperEdge Architecture, is specifically designed for U.S. Federal agencies and public sector organizations.
- Small, fan-less and completely silent.
- Can be deployed outside the wiring closet without interfering with work activity in areas.
- Runs the same software as the rest of the Brocade ICX and Brocade FCX switch families.
- Enterprise-class CLI and management features for full functionality, enabling advanced management through Brocade Network Advisor.
- Offers Layer 3 dynamic routing with GRE tunnel support
- Using Power over Ethernet (PoE) is can be powered by powered by an upstream switch.
- Manufactured in the US to meet federal regulations.
- 12 × 1 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) ports
- 4 × 1 GbE Uplinks (2x RJ45 + 2x SFP)
- 4 × PoE/PoE+ ports
- Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) hardware-ready
- sFlow-enabled for high-performance network monitoring
- List pricing of the Brocade ICX 6450-C Switch is $1595 with the first customer shipment on October 11, 2013 and general availability on October 31,2013.