AT&T announced an expanded set of managed security solutions (MSS) and new capabilities, including an all-in-one mobile security solution to be launched later this year. AT&T Business Solutions' cyber security offerings include network-based defense, cloud security, secure mobile business, and threat management.
Recent and upcoming enhancements to the AT&T portfolio of security solutions include:
- AT&T plans to launch a new cyber security solution that combines network and device-level security controls with highly-secure virtual private networking, application security and a full suite of mobile device management capabilities. The solution, expected later this year, provides businesses with comprehensive security for their mobile ecosystems, even if they're not AT&T wireless customers.
- AT&T has added Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) security assessments to its portfolio of consulting services to help organizations evaluate their ability to detect, resist, and respond to targeted cyber security threats. AT&T security consultants are certified in a variety of security competencies including: Security and Risk Management, Audit and Controls Review, Industry Regulations/Best Practices, Vendor Specific Certifications, and Security Investigations and Forensics.
- AT&T has doubled its network capacity to manage the growing volume of distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks and recently added a DDoS protection option for customers deploying critical Web applications, including Content Delivery Networks (CDN). These enhancements provide customers with greater protection against DDoS attacks by dispersing and absorbing immense volumes of malicious traffic before they reach customer networks.
"Security is at the very core of what we do as a company," said Daudelin. "From the security controls built right into the backbone of our network to our proprietary threat intelligence, we work to make security an enabler, not a limitation of business transformation. That's one reason why we have a 98 percent retention rate among our security clients."
- AT&T currently manages 24,000 security devices and one million seats for cloud-based security services.
- AT&T utilizes patented analytic capabilities to process 265 billion flow records and 6.5 trillion packets each day.
- AT&T also maintains a malicious entity database with more than 1.2 million threat signatures and tracks hundreds of millions of security events daily.
- AT&T Labs was granted more than 100 patents in security and privacy issued in 2012 alone.