Array Networks released new software for its line of Application Delivery Controllers designed to meet the load balancing and application delivery requirements of small to medium-sized enterprises.
- ePolicy: Allows administrators to write custom scripts to control application traffic. Includes the ability to tailor SLB methods for real services, analyze the content of HTTP, SOAP, XML and diameter protocols, receive, send, analyze and discard generic TCP and TCPS packets, control TCP connections, perform pattern matching for text data and monitor and record statistics.
- IPv6: Gold certified by the IPv6 Forum IPv6 Ready program to support migration from IPv4 to IPv6 and provide a means for IPv6 and IPv4 networks and clients to communicate. NAT64/DNS64 allows IPv4 clients to communicate with IPv6 servers. SLB-PT/SLB-64 enables protocol translation from IPv4 to IPv6 and DS-Lite allows IPv4 client traffic to be tunneled over IPv6 networks. All 8.4 features are supported for both IPv4 and IPv6.
- Independent session controlling: Extracts session IDs from application traffic to build mapping tables for associating session IDs with real servers. Independent session controlling improves persistence and security while enhancing application performance.
- TCP stateful failover and additional enterprise-focused features including N+1 clustering for high availability, role-based administration control and advanced ACLs (SLB QoS) for preventing over-utilization of network resources by undesired clients.
- eCloud API: Integrates Array’s physical and virtual ADCs with infrastructure service provider cloud management systems for the purpose of making APV Series appliances available to enterprises as a load balancing service. Gives cloud providers a flexible, script-based tool with which to manage and monitor Array ADCs, whether used as foundational infrastructure within IaaS or SaaS environments or as service offerings.