Optelian introduced a flexible 100G platform that can be configurable either as a muxponder or transponder,
"Internet usage, driven by bandwidth-intensive video streaming and enhanced user connectivity via multiple devices, will surge in the coming years. Operators need innovative ways to leverage their existing infrastructure while increasing capacity,” remarks Optelian’s CEO, David Weymouth. “Our analysis indicates 100G offers a 30% cost-per-bit savings relative to 10G transport strategies. Optelian’s solution enables efficient scalability and supports the rapid deployment and management of new, revenue-generating services.”
Some key features:
- Network flexibility – 10/40 Gbps muxponder and 100 Gbps transponder in one device
- Service aggregation options – 10x10 Gbps, 1x40 Gbps + 6x10 Gbps, 2 x 40 Gbps + 2 x 10Gbps
- Client support – 10/40/100 GbE, OC-192/STM-64, 8/10G FC, OTU2/3/4
- Best optical reach - DP-QPSK DWDM line interface with coherent optical receiver plus FEC
- Standalone design – Service delivery, management and OSC in a compact 1RU form factor.