Cyan introduced a single-slot 100G coherent transponder for its Z-Series family of packet-optical transport platforms (P-OTPs). The single-slot design enables a high-density of 100G modules within a single chassis.
It also offers integrated support for short, medium, long, and extended reach C form-factor pluggable (CFP) client interfaces. Key features include:
- Ability to support 100 Gigabit Ethernet and G.709 OTU4 regeneration.
- Higher network capacity due to greater spectral efficiency of 100G vs. 40G or 10G.
- Support for client SR10 (100 meter), LR10 (2 kilometer), LR4 (10 kilometer), and ER4 (40 kilometer) interfaces with flexible, pluggable CFP optics.
- C-band tunable DWDM interface.
- Integrated dispersion compensation to mitigate the need for fiber-based compensation.
- Compatible with the Cyan Z22, Z33 and Z77 platforms for investment protection.
- Leverages hitless upgrade capabilities of the Z-series platforms.
- Complements Z-Series LAD and WSS modules.
- Ability to mix 10G and 100G channels.
- 1+1 optical protection using Cyan's Optical Protection Switch module.
The DTM-100G can be matched with Cyan's Blue Planet software-defined network (SDN) system. The company said this solution will eventually allow virtual machines to be spun up in large data centers to dynamically create 100G data center interconnect (DCI) circuits for large scale backup and disaster recovery.