Altair Semiconductor unveiled a new family of chipsets, including two new baseband processors - the FourGee-3800 and FourGee-3802 - and a new radio chip - the FourGee-6300.
Key features of the new chipset family include:
- Support for LTE Release-10 features
- Based on Altair's 3rd generation SDR architecture, software upgradable to future Release-11
- Category 4 throughput 150 Mbps DL / 50 Mbps UL
- Support for Carrier Aggregation (CA)
- High performance 700MHz network processor subsystem
- Wide frequency band span of 400-3800MHz with 6 concurrent LTE bands for both primary and diversity antennas, enabling global band combinations
- Integrated IMS/VoLTE with support for HD-Voice
- Incorporates Altair's proprietary interference cancellation (INCA™) technology
- Incorporates Envelope Tracking (ET) technology
- Supports enhanced Inter-cell Interference Coordination (eICIC)
- Ultra low Active and Idle power consumption
- Rich set of host and peripheral interfaces to support a variety of applications including smartphones, tablets, mobile hotspots, routers and M2M.