Ikanos Communications introduced its Fusiv Vx185-HP communications processor chipset for home gateways supporting triple play services in VDSL2 networks.
The new chipset delivers bonded VDSL2 rates up to 200Mbps downstream and 100Mbps upstream along with Ikanos' standards-compliant Nodescale Vectoring. The Fusiv Vx185-HP chipset uniquely incorporates a dedicated voice DSP for carrier grade voice and a serial ATA (SATA) controller for advanced storage applications, as well as supporting upcoming 802.11ac Wi-Fi.
Some highlights of the Vx185-HP:
- A distributed processing architecture with 5.2GHz of overall processing power and wire-speed bi-directional gigabit packet processing
- Multiple advanced interfaces supporting home networking technologies such as MoCA™, HomePNA, HomePlug, LTE, and small cell applications
- A dedicated DSP engine for delivery of full-chain, deployment-proven VoIP
- Multi-mode DSL (ADSL, ADSL2, ADSL2+, and VDSL2)
- Hardware Security Protocol Accelerator for processing encryption algorithms such as DES, 3DES, and AES support up to 256-bit.
- Flexible NAS options using USB or SATA
- Carrier-class quality of service (QoS)
- The Vx185-HP also compliments Ikanos’ central office products by implementing Ikanos Quality Video (iQV).
In addition, the new processors offers pin-to-pin compatibility with Ikanos’ existing Vx185-platform chips, together with re-use of existing Linux software and VDSL2 firmware.