Chelsio Communications introduced its fifth generation, Terminator 5 ASIC for delivering 40 GbE speeds in high performance clustering, storage and data networking applications. The new ASIC simultaneously supports TCP/IP and UDP/IP socket applications, RDMA applications and SCSI applications at wire speed, thereby allowing InfiniBand and FibreChannel applications to run unmodified and concurrently over standard Ethernet.
By leveraging its protocol-rich high speed network processing architecture, the company said it has been able to achieve both low latency (sub 1usec through hardware) and high bandwidth, limited only by the PCI bus. Furthermore, it scales to true 40 Gigabit line rate operation from a single TCP connection to thousands of connections, and allows simultaneous low latency and high bandwidth operation thanks to multiple physical channels through the ASIC.
- PCI Express v3.0 x8 host interface
- 2xDDR-3 memory interfaces
- 4x100M/1G/10G or 2x40G Ethernet ports
- Designed for very low latency, high bandwidth and high packet processing rate
- NIC/TOE/iWARP RDMA/iSCSI/FCoE/NAT offload
- TOE/iWARP RDMA/iSCSI/FCoE port to port, and adapter to adapter failover
- SR-IOV 8PF/128VF + VEPA/VEB 802.1Qbg/h offload virtualization
- Integrated OpenFlow ready virtual Ethernet switch
- T10-DIF/DIX protection support for both FCoE and iSCSI