Thursday, May 17, 2012

Apple Commits to 100% Renewable Energy in N.C. Data Center

Apple will power its new data center in Maiden, North Carolina, using entirely renewable sources by the end of this year.  About 60% of the capacity will cover from on-site generation using the nation’s largest private solar arrays and the largest non-utility fuel cell installation in the country. The remaining 40 percent of the data center energy needs will be clean, renewable energy generated by local and regional sources.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

See also