Tellabs announced a major refresh of its mobile backhaul portfolio with a goal of providing enhanced support for LTE and soon LTE-Advanced traffic.
Key enhancements include:
- the ability to deliver up to 10 Gbps mobile backhaul speeds to cell sites
- multiple built-in synchronization and syntonization schemes for LTE
- the Tellabs 7100 and 7300 have been improved for fiber-optic mobile backhaul
- a new Tellabs 8611 Access Switch provides 10G interfaces in a compact 2RU unit optimized for cell sites and small aggregation locations,
- the Tellabs 8630 system now provides up to 80G of capacity
- the Tellabs 8660 system provides up to 240G of capacity
- the Tellabs 8800 system provides up to 360G of capacity
- the Tellabs 9200 system provides up to 5.5 Terabits of capacity.