Cortina Systems introduced a family of highly integrated transport processors supporting 10G, 40G, and 100G signals and aimed at a new generation of converged OTN and Ethernet platforms. Sampling is underway and commercial shipments are expected in the first half of 2012.
Cortina's new CS605x processors are designed for highly-efficient line cards supporting 10G, 40G, and 100G
wavelengths and providing a direct interface to 100G and 40G Optical Modules, and 100G NPUs. The processors support 100G (OTU4 & 100GE) and 3x40G (OTU3 & 40GE) interfaces and can be used for aggregating and mapping multiple protocols and client applications at the 10 Gbps, 40 Gbps, and 100 Gbps rates.
Use cases could include DWDM transport systems, Carrier Ethernet Switch Routers, Packet Optical Transport platforms and customized solutions for the submarine and long-haul markets.
Key features of the device include:
- Support for OTN – 10G/40G and 100G Framing and Mapping
- 100G Ethernet and 3x40G Ethernet PCS/MAC termination with performance monitoring and networking support
- Support for IEEE 1588v2 Transparent Clock mode, as defined in IEEE P1588D2.2
- Integrated Jitter Attenuation and clean up PLLs providing significant savings in board real estate, cost, and power
- High-Gain 100G Forward Error Correction (100G HG-FEC)
- Direct interface to 100G and 40G optical modules supporting OTL4.10, CAUI, OTL3.4, and XLAUI interfaces
- A 120G-capable Interlaken packet interface to NPUs, TMs and FPGAs.
"As Optical and Ethernet networks converge at 100G, Carriers require cost effective solutions that support an unprecedented level of integration to both meet standards and enable the deployment of high quality, data intensive services while reducing operational costs," said Arun Zarabi, Vice President at Cortina Systems. http://www.cortina-systems.com