Verizon Global Wholesale announced a set of enhancements to its Transparent LAN Service, which is its wholesale metro switched Ethernet service. Applications supported over TLS include wireless backhaul, LAN-to-LAN connections and Ethernet exchanges. These enhancements include:
- Expanded bandwidth option for network connections that will allow wholesale customers to stay ahead of their users' ever-increasing demand for bandwidth.
- The ability to combine both point-to-point and multipoint-to-multipoint virtual connections across a single network interface.
- The opportunity to specify a unique virtual circuit prior to ordering, allowing customers to pre-configure their premises equipment and speed up the process.
- New interface options with the inclusion of single mode or multimode fiber, in addition to the existing electrical interface.
- The option to provision network transport over a synchronous optical network (SONET) so customers gain the power and flexibility of TLS with the redundancy and reliability of SONET.
TLS is a fiber-based, metropolitan area LAN service that connects customer locations at native LAN speeds using Ethernet interfaces. It is offered in parts of California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Virginia and Washington, D.C. http://www.verizon.com