ST-Ericsson, the 50/50 joint venture that united the wireless semiconductor division of STMicroelectronics and the mobile platform division of Ericsson officially makes its public debut next week.
ST-Ericsson is a key supplier to four of the top five handset manufacturers, with combined pro-forma revenues of about US$3.6bn in 2008, and a solid cash position of US$400mn. Almost 85 percent of its workforce is in R&D and its technology portfolio spans GSM, EDGE, WCDMA, HSPA, as well as TD-SCDMA and LTE. Its connectivity and broadcast solutions span Bluetooth, FM, GPS, WLAN, Near Field Communications and USB.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, the Company also revealed details of its management team. Joining President and Chief Executive Officer Alain Dutheil are:
- Robert Puskaric, Deputy CEO, Executive Vice President
- Tommi Uhari, Senior Vice President, Products
- Abhijit Bhattacharya, Vice President, Operations and Quality
- Marc Cetto, Vice President, 2G and Connectivity
- Jean-Louis Champseix, Vice President, Human Resources
- Monica De Virgiliis, Vice President, Wireless Multimedia
- Jörgen Lantto, Vice President, Mobile Platforms and CTO
- Claudia Levo, Vice President, Global Communications
- Timothy Lucie-Smith, Vice President, Chief Financial Officer
- Thierry Tingaud, Vice President, Strategic Planning
- Lotta Westerlund, Vice President, Legal Affairs
- Pascal Langlois, Vice President, Sales, reporting to Chief Sales and Marketing Officer, R. Puskaric