Sunday, January 20, 2008

Alcatel-Lucent Selected for GO-1 Mediterranean Cable System

Alcatel-Lucent, along with Elettra - a Telecom Italia Group company specialized in survey, installation and maintenance of submarine cable networks - for a turnkey project with GO p.l.c. (GO), xto deploy a new submarine network between Malta and Italy on behalf of GO p.l.c. (GO), Malta's leading telecom operator.


Named GO-1 Mediterranean Cable System, this high-speed network will provide GO with extra capacity to further enhance the delivery of its quadruple play services to businesses and consumers. The cable is designed for an ultimate capacity of 480 Gbps and completion is expected in Q4 2008.http://www.alcatel-lucent.comhttp://www.go.com.mt

  • GO's main shareholder – 60% – is Dubai Holding LLC, the parent company of Emirates International Telecommunications Malta Ltd . EIT itself is a joint venture between TECOM Investments and Dubai Investment Group. The remaining 40% lie with private shareholders and we're also listed on both the Malta and London Stock Exchange.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

See also