Panasonic Communications (Matsushita) introduced a Wi-Fi phone for use with Skype. This is the first in a series of planned products from Panasonic that will be Skype Certified.
Panasonic is including aWi-Fi base unit that enables the phone to be used without a PC. The AC adapter is compatible with all voltages from 100V to 240V, so it can be used internationally.
Skype features accessible by this phone include:
- Free Skype-to-Skype calling
- Online Presence
- SkypeOut - calling from Skype to traditional landlines or mobiles.
- SkypeIn - a premium Skype product which provides a number people can call that users answer in Skype.
- Skype Voicemail - takes your calls when you're busy or offline.
- Skype Call Forwarding - can be set right from the Panasonic phone.
- Skype Conference Calls - the Panasonic KX-WP1050 can be added to Skype conference calls.
The MSRP is $399.http;//www.panasonic.com