Thursday, August 17, 2006

Siemens Helps Build W-CDMA Net in Kabul

Siemens Communications was awarded a contract by Telephone Systems International Ltd. (TSI), New York, to set up a W-CDMA network in Kabul for Afghan Wireless Communication Company (AWCC). In addition to 3G technology, Siemens will also supply 2G equipment to the mobile operator in Afghanistan.



AWCC was the country's first GSM network provider and the first mobile carrier in Afghanistan with a W-CDMA license.



TSI is the 80% shareholder of Afghan Wireless Communication Company (AWCC), with the Afghan Ministry of Communications the remaining 20% shareholder.



It is estimated that 1.5 million people use mobile telephony in Afghanistan, a market penetration of about four percent. "http://www.siemens.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

See also