Tuesday, September 27, 2005

BT to acquire Infonet Deutschland

BT agreed to acquire Infonet Network Services Deutschland GmbH (Infonet Deutschland), which provides VPNs and other network services to more than 200 major corporate and public sector organisations. Financial terms were not disclosed.


BT currently owns 18% of Infonet Deutschland and will acquire the remaining 82% from T-Systems, a subsidiary of Deutsche Telekom AG.
http://www.btplc.com
http://www.infonet.de

  • In November 2004, BT agreed to acquire Infonet, a provider of international managed voice and data network services, for $965 million (excluding Infonet's net cash balance of $390 million, the aggregate value of the deal is $575 million). Infonet, which is based in El Segundo, California, has local operations in 70 countries and claims 1,800 multinational customers -- including Siemens, Nokia, Bayer AG International, IBM and Hilton International. The acquisition was completed in February 2005 and Infonet was renamed BT Infonet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

See also