Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Nortel Signs 3G Partner in China

Nortel announced a joint venture partnership with China Putian Corporation for research and development (R&D), manufacture and sale of third generation (3G) mobile telecommunications equipment and products to customers in China. China Putian, a state-owned enterprise, is one of the largest telecommunication equipment manufacturers in China.



When established, the new company - named Putian-Nortel Networks Telecommunications Equipment Co.- will likely be headquartered in Wuhan, capital of Hubei Province, and will focus on TD-SCDMA (Time Division-Synchronous Code Division Multiple Access) and WCDMA (Wideband CDMA) products and solutions, as well as related network engineering and optimization services. China Putian will own 51% of the joint venture; Nortel, the remaining 49%.



China's Premier Wen Jiabao and Canada's Prime Minister Paul Martin witnessed the signing ceremony.
http://www.nortel.com
http://www.china-putian.com

  • In June 2004, China Putian and Nortel signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed by for cooperation on R&D and manufacture of 3G equipment and products. The two companies have already cooperated on such projects as the recent 3G field trials sponsored by China's Ministry of Information Industry (MII).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

See also